Thursday, November 8, 2012



Am I really worth more than this?
Then why don't many people value me?
And don't tell me it's because I don't value myself
Because I'm learning.
But people still treat me wrong.
And don't tell me it's how I carry myself
Because I know how to be confident
And beautiful and sexy.

Just how valuable am I?
More than two sparrows?
What are sparrows worth?
So just what ARE sparrows?
They're so little

And they have cute squeaky little voices.
Some say they don't contribute much to society 
And that they don't have much to give back for what's been given them.
But You created them
And You love them
And without any expectations You feed and clothe and protect them
Hmm...sounds like the relationship You have with me.

Just how much am I worth?
A life?
Of your family?
Of nations in my stead?
Before I was even born because You saw me then, today?
And You gave me a chance at tomorrow.
Wow. Now that's love.

Lord, God, Holy Spirit . . . 
No one on this earth could love me more than You do 
So I settle for whatever I can find - 
For people who may love me one day and abuse me the next?
Who treat me like a princess and then like a slave?
Who miss me who miss me who can't wait to see me and then they forget I exist?
I can't have the best so I settle for less and I don't question it
But maybe I sell myself too short?


No comments:

Post a Comment