Thursday, November 1, 2012

Illustrations

Two illustrations that God showed me today:

1- I heated up soup and it was really hot and yet I still kinda put my tongue on it. I knew it was gonna be hot / potentially burn me but I was like: instant gratification lol. I see this applies to other things too (ie: sin).  

2 - I was watching my dad play Angry Birds & he put the bird in the slingshot and pulled the slingshot back and then it launched the bird forward. Sometimes, we no we are about to be launched and we feel guilty when we feel like we've gone backwards but when something gets shot out of the slingshot / the bow, it goes back before going forward.  We need discernment to know whether we truly are going back (and it's our sinful nature / fault) or if we are just getting ready for God to launch us into our destiny.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment