Monday, January 6, 2014

The Power of Prayer

It's interesting...sometimes I take traveling mercies for granted so I don't bother to pray. I just trust that God's gonna keep my family and me safe.  And it's because sometimes when I do pray, of course nothing happens - i.e., no accidents.  So because He has put the danger so far out of my way that I don't even know what He saved me from, I forget that it was His work.  But sometimes God will just whisper that I should pray for traveling mercies.  So the other day when I was getting a ride home I prayed for traveling mercies.  Today I was told that that day, the driver made it almost the whole way home when his car died at a gas station.  He said, "Could you imagine if that had happened ANYWHERE?!"  We or he could have been in the middle of the road, at a red light, who knows where.  Thankfully he got a jump and made it safely home.  I said to him, "That's why I pray for traveling mercies, and actually I happened to pray that night because I was worried.  I'm glad you made it home safe."  He was shocked and appreciative. 

And now I'm thinking...what if I wouldn't have prayed?  Would he or we have gotten into an accident?  Doesn't God know what's going to happen before it happens?  Doesn't He have control?  Yes but sometimes He chooses to use someone like me.  Let's just marinate on that...we can change the course of events through our prayers?!  What a privilege!  

mind.blown.

No comments:

Post a Comment