Thursday, December 29, 2011

Power in the Name of God - Draw Near

Last night was one of those times when I felt so far away from God.  I was lying in bed awake and just felt profoundly lonely and as all these horrible thoughts came to mind I realized that I've allowed my mind and my heart to get distracted and bruised and far from God.  But this morning I read my devotionals and one of them was about calling on the names of God.  As I read the names and descriptions of God out loud, I felt so close to Him.  I felt some of the bitterness go away and the anxiety and sadness dissipate.  I felt joy and peace arise - a peace and joy that were always there and that in the depth of me I felt last night though I was so afraid but the circumstances were blocking me from fully grasping that.  But as my faith overrode my fear I felt such a release.  Truly there is power in the name of God.  I realized what it was - I drew near to God and the Bible says in James 4:8 - "Draw nigh to God and He will draw nigh to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment