Sunday, December 28, 2014

On Giving Gifts: A Christmas Reflection

Reflecting on this Christmas and of course, you know, I gotta bring God into it. Why? Because that's how God speaks to me, through everyday situations. 

So, in my family, we usually make lists of what we want and give them to the family so we know what to get each toher. I was reflecting on the fact that every gift I got this year was so thoughtful. It was based on what my friends and family knew I liked or needed or would be interested in. I got some things that were not on my list and some items I got multiples of lol. 

It made me think of God. The scriptures that come to mind are: Luke 11:13, James 1:17 and Ephesians 3:20.

"If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." 

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us."

Oh, also it reminds me of Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." 

and James 4:2 "You do not have, because you do not ask."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment