Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Some of Tonight's Teaching

Tonight while worshiping God showed me my heart. Recently He showed me one of the problems with my heart, one of the lies that I had believed for so so so so long. He showed me tonight how that was affecting me today. He truly quiets me with His love (Zephaniah 3:17). Aye aye aye. And all I could do was pray that He would help me walk out this freedom (because His truth sets me free...John 8:32) in day to day life. I feel how necessary this healing is. A deep healing because that lie infests my mind and shapes my behavior and God has been pointing out little by little, because I've asked Him to, where the issue manifests. Praise God.

Then Pastor Eugene stated that no matter what happened this year, nothing can stop the plans of God in/for your life. Not only was this confirmation of a piece of writing I've been working on, but this applies directly to me because I know I've made a lot of mistakes in this year (every year, every day, but you know, I feel like some things really hit me hard) and I beat myself up over it sometimes. And sometimes I ask myself if things would've been different and if I stopped or hindered or changed the plans God had for me. But He consistently reminds me that His will, will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Oh for the faith and grace to believe that, to forgive myself, and to walk in that.

He said that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. And sometimes we stay stuck in yesterday and we don't realize Jesus was there and He is still here and He is still doing a work in us. I loved that! He really broke it down. I didn't think of it like that, that Jesus was there yesterday and He is in our today and He will be in our tomorrow. God is so so good. 

I have more to say but I'm going to put it in the next blog because it does not completely pertain to the same theme as this, though it has to do with tonight. I next want to share something that the Lord showed me, personally, in my own situation. I hope you can be encouraged and ministered to...

No comments:

Post a Comment