Wednesday, November 17, 2010

No Excuses

I know I've said before that I'm tired of things standing in my way but sometimes I still let it happen (I'm not perfect).  But God promises to keep fighting for us when we can't fight for ourselves.  I'm like 'God why do You keep picking me up again, reminding me, healing me, forgiving me....' And He says "Because you have a purpose."  He has something for me and for you to do and He will do what it takes to get us to that point (Phil 1:6).  


Tonight I was in my resistance mode but God just broke me outta that of course.  First, hearing a worship song that was a song I had in my heart when I was trying to spend time with the Lord this morning.  Then it was specific confirmations such as "You're not gonna die in the desert" which a sister had prayed over me in the small group last time and which was my facebook status Friday night.  


Then a particular brother was sitting across from me, sorta in the back, and i thought "gee he never sits back here." But God used him to minister to me a few times - twice by saying hi to me and asking how I was doing and just being there and once by actually praying with me and praying for some specific needs that I had which he had no idea of knowing about.


Then they called up the youth and I didnt want to go.  I said "Im not a youth."  But finally i went up and am so glad I did.  I hesitated at first because my heart has been so heavy all day.  But wouldnt you know it - that's what they prayed for.  And they used a scripture that I read this morning in my time with the Lord.  


All these things empowered me to fight by showing me just how much God loves me and by reassuring me that He sees me, He knows me, and He promises to heal my heart and restore me.  


He is just so awesome.  <3


Be encouraged!  God bless you and restore you.  Psalm 51.  

No comments:

Post a Comment