Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free"

John 8:31-32 says "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.  Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free."


I decided recently (ahh something I've decided before but then neglected) to stop hiding from the truth.  There's a song that says "...and I will open up my heart and let the healer set me free."


When we started worshiping at church tonight I was feeling a little ... "unfree".  As we began to pray thanking God for who He was and what He's done I started feeling a little more "free" but still a little off.  I remember thinking to myself (or I guess, praying to God) that I want this feeling to go away. I want to be unhindered.  I don't wanna leave the way I came in. And I want my prayers to be affective.  Because I had told God I wanted to know the truth, my heart was open to it.  I'm trying my best to follow God and to seek Him.  I am trying to learn from Him and therefore I am considered His disciple and therefore I have this promise.  And I have the promise that if I call on Him He will show me hidden things (Jeremiah 33:3).  Well suddenly He revealed something into my heart.  And as He showed me the TRUTH I was able to confront and confess a situation in my heart.  And as I did that I realized what was being said in the service.  And what was being said ... was answered prayer and the encouragement and the word that I needed.  


God got me, once again :D <3



No comments:

Post a Comment