Monday, November 15, 2010

Putting God First

So much good stuff's been happening lately - lots of reasons, as always, to praise God...but I will cherish them all in my heart but I do wanna share one thing with you today to encourage and inspire you as well as myself (:P).


Lately I've been so sick and tired of feeling stuck and I realized that so much has been getting in the way of my relationship with God.  I always tried to read the Word and spend time with God at night but the night is the hardest time for me so often I wouldn't get to read or pray or I'd get distracted.  So lying in bed last night, God said "Why don't you switch the time then and seek Me in the morning?"  GREAT IDEA GOD! ;)  


I've heard a lot about this and although there have been times when I've done that, I always scorned the thought of that when others would tell me that.  I thought "that's not for me." or "I'm not one of THOSE people." etc.  But alas...I figured what's the harm in trying?


It was amazing!  As soon as I opened my eyes and the attacks started coming, I turned my anger and fear and worry into prayer and praise.  I got such a deep realization that God is still God regardless of my circumstances so it shouldn't matter what's going on around me - I can still pray and I can still praise and He is oh so worthy.  I had a great time of prayer, intercession, worship and then I even read the Word.  It was so powerful and filled me with such joy and peace.  (Zecharaiah 12, esp. 2-3 ... I highly recommend it)


Throughout the day things seemed to flow so much better and I feel like I had more self-control and patience and joy than I usually do.  And I saw that all day things were falling into place.  I had time to seek God.  I had time to eat breakfast.  I had time to make lunch.  I had time to do homework and found just what I was looking for and had time to eat before class.  The bus and I got to the stop at the same time.  I even got home earlier.  I only had a few pages to read for tomorrow so I had time to relax, play games, hang out with my dad, hang out with my sister and her bf and parents and bro.  I'm almost done with my paper for Wednesday.  I think it's good.  I printed out my paper for tomorrow.


I mean I could go on and on - it was just amazing!  I really think that starting the day with God made it so much better.  Maybe that's because God is honoring me but it could also be that it put me in His presence and a good mindset pretty much all day long so I was open to see what probably happens all the time but I don't have time to realize because I get so upset at times. 


Either way, I think I'll try it again tomorrow.  Also, this way if I have a struggle tonight, at least I know I did the right thing in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice sis, very honest and fills my heart when I hear God filled yours. Love you mucho. Thank you for sharing. God bless. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete