Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Voice

Sometimes something happens and it makes us just wanna cry...but we hold it inside. Sometimes we're filled with so much joy but we have to stifle that laugh because it's just not the right time or place.  Sometimes, like Mary we hold so much in our hearts.  We bury the blessings of God somewhere deep down there.  Where is THERE?  Just think about that for a moment.  Hold that thought.  Now I have another question:

What act does the devil try to prevent you from doing most times?

Do you ever feel a heaviness on your chest, a weight on your shoulders and you just don't know what to?

Well what I've learned, and was reminded of tonight, is that there is soooo much emotion in me. Sorrow, pain, joy, love.  Sometimes I feel so numb and empty but it's really that there's a build up of emotion.  I know the devil tries to stop me from opening my mouth.  He knows there is power in the name of Jesus.  He knows that when God's people cry out, He hears them.  But I know it too.  The name "Judah" in the Bible means worship.  Judah's offspring was called "Perez."  Perez mean's breakthrough.  There are many ways to worship but for this blog I will talk mostly about worship through voice because I know that's where the anointing lies for me.  


Tonight, the first thing we were told to do was to let out a "cry" (a scream).  All I did was open my mouth, take a breath and say "ahhhhh" and I felt like I was going to really cry lol.  As soon as I opened my mouth I felt the emotions begin to be released.  As I laughed for the next exercise, I started feeling bubbly - pure joy.  As I practiced my breathing I was also aware of some particular emotion(s).  As I practiced the different types of voices and figured out what I can do with the physical insides of my body I also tapped into what I can do when my spirit cries out via worship.  


I can literally feel deliverance taking place when I worship as well as when I present my poems, and even sometimes when I share my testimony. 


So when you notice a pressure upon your lips, pray that you would begin to feel more pressure from your stomach and that from that place, living water would spew out of you.  Even if all you say is "yessssss" or "noooooo" or "JESSSSSSSUUUUUUUUSSSSSS" or "helppppppp" or "aaaaaaahhhhh".  Trust me, trust God, it will make an impact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment