Saturday, March 26, 2011

Words Words WORDDDDD!

"The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." Proverbs 18:21


"A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver." Proverbs 25:11


Just a while ago I was crying out to God telling Him how bad certain words have hurt me.  These words have broken me.  I said: God don't tell me these things (these beautiful things about who I am).  Don't you know what they say about me (Don't you know I'm always going to fail you?)?  And He said: Those things don't matter.  Those ways that you "fall short" we can work around those.  And I said: But God I don't want to fall short.  I feel so crushed by this stupid label.  But suddenly the Holy Spirit helped me to pray and I said: Thank You God that no matter what they say about me, when You see me You don't see the label.  You see Your Son.  And then it occurred to me: HE IS THE LIVING WORD! 


 I suddenly thought of the scripture: "The Word of God is living and active.  Sharper than any two-edged sword piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." Hebrews 4:12


I said: Jesus I thank You that You are the Word.  As the scripture says: "1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made....14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,d who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1.  Thank You God that Your word is more powerful than these labels.  Thank You that You have the power to create with Your words.  Father can You recreate me?  And as I was praying this I found this scripture: 
"Is not my word like fire," declares the LORD, "and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?" Jeremiah  23:29.  


So now I have a new scripture to pray.  Lord, let Your Word be like fire and like a hammer that breaks the rocks that have been thrown at me including the rocks that I've thrown at myself.  And let it burn up anything that does not pertain to our identity in You. Yes: OUR.  I want this not only for me but for anyone else who is feeling the sting of careless words, even my own careless words.  Or even carefully-spoken malicious words.  (Kuz let's be real...sometimes we think out our attack before saying it...we want to make sure it hurts...well thank God I don't do that anymore and I'm becoming more careful and kind with my words....)

No comments:

Post a Comment