Friday, November 21, 2014

Boasting in my Weaknesses

2 Corinthians 12:5-10
I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say, or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I get weary at times and I get discouraged. But what helps is changing my perspective from complaining to praising. Like it happened today. I could be upset by my weaknesses or I can choose to thank God...Last night I told God I would praise Him even if He didn't heal me, just like the three Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in Daniel 3:17-18. It's a hard thing to pray and something I have to remind myself of daily. And then today, I was upset about certain things that I'm struggling with but I also thanked God. He knows where I'm weak and He makes up for it. I could not live without Him. He provides for everything I need in order to live this life for Him and be successful. I'm thankful because He only lets the fire hit us but so much. And, He is always with me, wherever I am. I really do have to call out to Him all the time.

 I'm like: God I can't do this. But He reminds me,, "No you can't. You can't do it alone but I can help you." If I focus on what I struggle with I stay stuck there but if I say "God help me" He brings me what I need, even if it's just for the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment