Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Thank God for His protection

My healing depends on my words and maybe someone else's too.  I can't get into detail but I have to write a little something about a particular situation.  When fear and other emotions try to take over, praise will be my victory.  In the Bible, Judah gave birth to Perez.  Judah means praise and Perez means breakthrough.  Thank You Father!

So the thing that hurt the most about the situation was that I didn't expect it to happen.  Not once, not twice, not ever.  I was mad.  Why did God allow this to happen?  Was it something that I did wrong?  But after a recent trigger and after being a little upset at my reaction I decided to start considering...

a) God said that no weapon formed against me will prosper (Isaiah 54:17).  That DOES NOT mean that evil won't try and touch me.  It implies that: If anyone or anything does try to come against me, He will be with me.  He will protect me in that it won't be as bad as it could have been.  And, if He should for some reason allow something to hurt me, He will heal me and deliver me and so the evil won't stay on me - not even the residue.  Romans 8:28.

b) Next time, if there is a next time (though I hope there isn't) I'm praying that I may be able to use the weapons of my warfare immediately and appropriately.  But I thank God that even the little bit of warfare I did proved to be enough.  I know His angels were covering me and I am so grateful for that.  Though I felt like my voice was so little and ineffective, I saw that the darkness recognized the light and got scared away.  Greater is He that's in me than He that's in the world.

So even though it still hurts, I can still praise God and all I can do is give Him my emotions.  Jasmine and Luke say "What is the Lord trying to show you?"  So I intend to seek God and ask Him what He's trying to show me and let Him perfect His will and His work in my life.  In order to let go I gotta confront the issue.  Sigh.  It's painful but it's more painful to hold on to the pain....

No comments:

Post a Comment