Friday, September 24, 2010

All Things Are Possible

I'm seeing that with God all things truly are possible.  Little by little I'm seeing the promises of God coming closer and closer to me.  Wow!  What a thought!  As I write this I realize: when it comes to the promises of God, they pursue US, in a way, we dont have to pursue them!  Not to say that we dont have to do our part.  NO...we definitely have to work with God to get to that promised land, to overcome those giants, to receive His blessings and abundance.  We have to have and act in faith.  We have to be like the Abraham whose faith was counted to him as righteousness, not like the Abraham who tried to take matters into his own hands to speed up the promises of God or protect his blessing rather than letting God protect it.  We need to be like the Abraham who obeyed God completely rather than the Abraham who laughed when God made a promise to him.  

My God My God, please help me to have and act in faith and obedience.  Help me weed out the things in my life that are holding me back.  Your goodness, Your mercy, Your love, Your blessing, Your grace, Your protection surrounds and protects and pursues me.  It runs along side of me cheering me and patting me on the back. 
It goes along ahead of me to drive me on. It's about time I catch up with it and start living my life.  Really living.  Help me God to really live.  Help me to put the past behind me, let go of all my fears and anxieties, and shed all the stuff that hinders me.  


God is amazing.  Life can be amazing if we would only grab hold of things instead of letting things grab a hold of us.


God, it's time for me to grow up.....to grow into that tree planted by the waters that will never be shaken, never fall and always bear good fruit.  It's time for me to be strong.....strong in You.  For it's not by my strength but by Your power.  


I'm so amazed by You Lord and Your love and Your promises.  I look forward to all that You have for me.  Whether it takes me forty years or eleven days, I want to get to my Canaan!  (And in the meantime,, the desert is a beautiful place.  Thank You God that You are with me in the midst of the desert as well....) 
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment