Friday, October 8, 2010

God is concerned...

My Father God, Holy Spirit, Lord, King, Jesus is sooo amazing I just had to share this little story with you.  I want you to know that God is concerned with the little things in our lives.  There's scripture that talks about how not a sparrow falls to the floor without God being aware, and how the birds dont have to worry about what to eat or wear because they know that God will provide, and that every hair on your head is counted...I have experienced this many times and once again tonight and that's what I wanted to encourage you with:

I brought a Smart Ones to lunch at work today because I'd been having to spend too much money all week on food because the microwave on campus wasnt working.  But I also have a problem with sometimes going overboard and spending on useless things.  So today even though I brought lunch I was sooo tempted to buy KFC to supplement.  I had coupons!  But no...my coworker and I decided to just eat what we had (that's my way of showing gratitude too.  How dare I go and buy food when I already have.  That's so disrespectful of the One who provided and who is trying to help me financially and healthwise!).  I was full!  Plus I had a half a pretzel and some grapes that were at the office.  So I had more than enough and didn't have to buy any takeout.  What a blessing. Ok...so I went home and did some stuff and then for dinner I had some leftover takeout from a few days earlier and I was afraid was going to go bad (I feel so bad not eating food when there are those that can't even afford it) so I was going to eat more even though I wasn't that hungry.  Well...I didnt. I went to fellowship and as it turned out, we ate beforehand!  I would've been too full but thank God it was a far away enough interval that I could rejoice with my brothers and sisters and I wasn't too full but wasn't hungry either.  It was perfect.  But here's the clincher ....

Someone was at the fellowship for the first time and she happened to be going my way so we walked and talked and she asked if I wanted ... KFC!!!!  We ended up going and she treated!!  But right before she ordered I remembered...I had coupons!!!  We ended up splitting the same meal my coworker and I were going to split! AND we got dessert lol.  

And we had a nice time of post-fellowship fellowship...all because I brought my lunch to work!  So you see, God cares about even the little choices we make like what to eat for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment