Sunday, October 24, 2010

I know He's with me and that makes it all better.

I remember I prayed about this.  Prayed in advance because I knew it would be hard.  And it has been.  But at the end of every day I can lay down and say "God got me through this day."  And in the middle of the storm I can say "God is still with me..." even if I don't feel it.  Circumstances don't make or break God.  God is in the midst.  Honestly, when people would pray for protection, traveling mercies, etc. I would feel a bit iffy because it was almost like I expected something to happen since they were praying against it.  And I wondered "If God provides, why are there times we're in lack?  If God protects, why do we still get hurt?"  And I've come to realize that God does not cause tragedy or struggle but He allows them.  Not to torture us but because it's His chance to shine.  Jesus calmed the storm - He also showed them how to walk on the water.  He didn't stop the fire - He walked them through it.  Paul said "I have learned...to be content in whatever situation" (Philippians 4:12); and we ask ourselves, how?  What is that secret?  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" is the verse directly following.  That's the secret!  Whether we're in lack or in plenty, desert or oasis, valley or mountain, we can choose to rejoice (as He says a few verses earlier) because Christ will give us strength.  I am learning to thank God for the moments of weakness and troubles because I am learning the power and strength of God.  For He says "not by power nor by might but by the spirit" (Zech 4:6).  God is with me.  The Holy Spirit is with me.  Jesus is with me.  In the times I don't feel Him it doesnt mean He's not there but it's a perfect time to take stock of my life and fix areas that need fixing.  In the times when I feel like I'm losing it is when Jesus comes and He is mighty to save (zeph 3:17)!  

Ahh God thank You because I said earlier, if I can make it through today I can make it through tomorrow and if I can make it through tomorrow I can make it through the next day.  Well I made it through today so thank You because it's all You and please give me fresh mercies tomorrow and be with me again and again and again.  Thank You in advance.  Be glorified.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment