Thursday, October 14, 2010

Rest Assured - Jesus is Coming

Ahh I love how the Word of God is applicable to me today :).  This morning I was reading in the book of John and got a glimpse of ME! lol.  

John 16:18 "They kept asking, "What does he mean by 'a little while? We don't understand what He's saying." hahahaha!  How many times have I asked that question?  Yes I literally laughed out loud.  And Jesus's response is awesome " Verse 19: "Jesus saw that they wanted to ask him about this, so he said to them, "Are you asking what I meant when I said, 'In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me?'" 

Yes Jesus! How'd You know? lol


And this is His loving and encouraging response. Verses 20-23 "Very truly I tell you, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. In that day you will no longer ask me anything. Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name."


Honestly, I'm so tired of hearing "Your breakthrough is coming...soon..." Um...what does "soon" mean?  It makes me have a hard time trusting God between that and other things that I've been told will happen "soon" (His returning).  But His timing is different than mine and Acts 1:7-8 (one of my favorite scriptures) says: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."  I don't know when it's coming but when I do, I'm not gonna remember the pain I had gone through - except if it benefits those to whom I will testify and minister to, and I will receive power and the Holy Spirit will speak to me and through me.  And looking back, I don't begrudgingly remember the pain of the things I've overcome - not in a way that I would be depressed about it because being depressed and regretting things will only stagnate and hinder me but once I've received my breakthroughs I am filled with such joy because it is what was birthed from a bad situation.  And babies are born for such a purpose and so were these trials that I've faced. 


So keeping that in perspective - the fact that eventually I'm not gonna remember or be stuck on all the crying I'm doing and the sweating and the fighting but will be overcome with the joy that it's over and that there is promise and potential to this newness, this newborn freedom - and the fact that JESUS KNOWS what I'm thinking and is willing to answer even before I ask Him directly - I'm just gonna keep it moving.  This is why I can still praise Him in my storm - when I keep my eyes on Him and my heart attuned to the promises He's given me, I know that it's gonna be worth it and that makes me wanna keep fighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment