Saturday, October 16, 2010

Psalm 18:2

"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."  Tonight it suddenly clicked.  God is the answer to my prayers. THIS, this scripture, is the answer to my prayers.  As I climb this mountain and try to drag myself out of this pit I know it's really slippery and there are times I'm about to fall and I pray, in those times, that God just gives me something to hold on to.  I need some solid ground.  And I realize - God is that something to hold on to.  He is always extending a hand and helping me stand firm and keep climbing.  Every single time I'm about to give up - there He is.  The devil may have a foothold but God is my stronghold.  He may think he has me trapped but God is my deliverer.  


And I was thinking today, also, how the past is chasin me but if I stay on the narrow path, the road to righteousness, then it doesn't have to catch up to me!


God is offering me sure footing and a refuge and a safety and a way out....it's up to me to put my foot there....


I hope you can relate...

No comments:

Post a Comment