Saturday, October 9, 2010

It Makes It All Worth It...

So I'm sitting here thinking about my situation and crying out to God, pouring my heart out...I'm desperate for revelation and resolution, for truth and peace and acceptance...I tell God how I feel right now and suddenly it occurs to me...


When I get out of this, I'm gonna have a powerful testimony that will help many people...or, ya know, at least one person.  I was telling God I feel so alone right now.  Although there are many people that try to help me, pray me through, encourage me, etc. there is only so much that people can do and people can only relate so much.  The only one that could truly understand at this point, I believe, is God.  But I am sure that God is going to bring people to my life that have struggled with some of the same issue(s).  And that makes it all worth it and gives me hope and makes me want to keep fighting.  I tell God I feel so different but I could visualize myself being able to minister to others.  I could visualize that there are other people out there, who maybe right now or maybe in the past or maybe in the future are crying, have cried, will cry, the very thing that I have and am and will.  


This is what the desert/valley experience is about.  We walk side by side with each other.  As a dear friend of mine once said, in Egypt there were 40,000 exiles walking at the same time - all looking for their promised land. We're all looking for the promised land so we walk together and as one of us makes progress we can help others who are stuck in the same mud.  That's why we need to not forget what we've been through.  Not that we should constantly dwell on it or regret it but keep ourselves in perspective and instead of belittling the person next to us or behind us (ie: the younger generation) for what they're going through, we need to try to help them - especially if we've conquered that very thing.  


Just sayin...

No comments:

Post a Comment