Saturday, October 23, 2010

God will give you peace when you have to make a decision

When you pray about making a decision, God will give you peace about it.  Yesterday I could've made the decision to stay in a bad situation because, well, I'm already in it and it's never gonna change because it's a cycle, and I dont wanna do this again, etc.  But I decided, instead, to get out of that situation.  I knew my heart was in turmoil over it and more importantly my spirit was at unrest.  Though it hurts because I feel like once again I'm in the same situation I've been in numerous times, I feel much more peace than I did yesterday when I was still stuck in there.  I had the courage to stand up and say something and I'm so glad I did. 


There's always a lesson behind our mistakes.  Mine was this: This has sorta happened before and after years of being stuck I unstucked myself but still am in a lot of pain over it.  But if God gave me peace about this most recent situation, He'll give me peace about that too.  I just have to learn to let go.  And, with this situation, I have to make sure to let go of any bitterness IMMEDIATELY.  I have to stay POSITIVE and not think about the negative things that happened.  And I have to try really hard not to question God about why I was in that situation in the first place.  I just have to focus my mind, trust God and praise Him no matter what.  But I'm so glad because I really think I made the right decision - and I dont care what anybody might tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment